Friday, February 19, 2010



February 16, 2010

Today I am thankful. My little girl turns 5. With a tough 9 month fight with Hyperemesis gravidarum, an extreme, persistent condition that causes nausea and vomiting during pregnancy and led to dehydration and drastic weight loss for mommy, we were afraid we wouldn't have her. She is truly my little miracle. The day she was born, a tulip bloomed in February. God's proof that she was a miracle and my prayers were heard.


I can remember throwing up EVERY day about 4-6 times a day when I was pregnant. I went out and bought the pinkest, frilliest dress I could find. I hung it on the inside door of the bathroom. During the times I was throwing up so hard I popped blood vessels in my face, chest, and body, I would look at that little pink dress and remind myself why fighting through the pain and discomfort was SO important.



My body still shows signs of stress from the condition. I still have red marks from the popped blood vessels that cover parts of my face, arms and chest, and the enamel on my teeth was worn away. I wouldn't change a thing. God wanted to make sure I appreciated Emma. I do - EVERY day.



Days like this remind me how lucky and blessed I truly am. I thank God that He listened to those prayers. Today, and every day with BOTH of my kids, I am too blessed to be stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment